First of all Happy New Year! May 2015 be the best year yet for you and your family!
Secondly, following on from last months post, here is a little experiment I carried out a few years ago showing the power of intention, love and energy on food that we grow. Such a simple experiment which can be great for children to get involved in. This idea has also been used with cooked white rice - you can see many results on google here.
In 2011, I carried out this experiment 3 times, and each time resulting in the exact same results. I measured the exact quantity of alfalfa sprout seeds, and water each time using scales, the dishes were identical apart from a slight chip on one of the rims and the dishes were kept in the same place. The only thing that changed was that one of the dishes of seeds I sent Reiki to each day for 2-5 minutes.
Can you guess which dish of seeds received the loving thoughts and energy?
Though don't take my word for it...I encourage you to try this at home and discover as a family how positive thought and energy can have an effect on what we eat. You don't need to be a Reiki Practitioner...anyone can do this experiment.
You will need...
2 identical dishes
1 packet of alfalfa seeds
- Step 1: Measure with the scales the same amount of seeds for each dish (enough seeds to loosely cover 50% of the dishes surface).
- Step 2: Add the same amount of water to each dish so that the seeds are sitting in about 1-2mm of water.
- Step 3: Decide which dish is going to be the lucky receivers of some positive thoughts (make sure its the same dish for the whole of this experiment).
- Step 4: Send the LOVE! You can write a positive phrase such as 'I LOVE YOU' or a word such as 'GRATITUDE' on the chosen dish and the opposite phrase or word for the other dish (see the link above for the rice experiment examples). Or you and your children can simply send the love, simply visualising loving energy going to that one chosen dish. This could be in the form of imagining light or pink loving hearts going to that dish...whatever symbolises love for you and your kids you can imagine that going to the chosen seeds.
- Step 5: Repeat step 4 for 2-5 minutes with the same chosen dish every day. Also add the same amount of measured water for both dishes every day until the seeds grow into 1-2 inch sprouts. And then marvel at the results!
Its quite amazing to see what happens and children will love excitement and wonder of this exercise too.